Search My Portfolio Developers About Us Contact Us ShareShare
 Development Land Lephalale - 479 Hectares of Prime Development Land
Location: Lephalale, Limpopo
Property Type: Development Project
ZAR Price on Application

Contact: Worcester Farm +27(0)83 304 0211
features Fast Facts documents foto map   finance insurance
     
 
The Worcester Farm provides one of the best yield enhancing property development opportunities for a developer with the vision to gain from first mover advantage. 479 hectares of land included into the Lephalale Spatial Development Framework is suitable for integrated development into residential, commercial and light industrial developments.

Lephalale, the future of power generation in South Africa. Lephalale is proud to be in the middle as well as part of one of the biggest development projects in South Africa and Botswana like Madupe Power Station, Projected Sasol Plant and the Mabula Coal Project in Botswana. Given the fact that Lephalale is the fastest growing industrial area in South Africa and taken the location of Worcester Farm this opportunity will present itself once in a development cycle of such a town.

Lephalale will be a big city in 2030. The Medupi power station initiated the development cycle and attracts a secondary industry of size. Three hundred million rand are spent to improve infrastructure such as water supply and sanitation. The R33 access road is under construction and the heavy-haul railway line will irrevocably enhance the Waterberg into a hive of industrial activity.

Eskom is increasing the electrical feed towards the existing town and surrounding land to be able to supply in the increasing need for infrastructure. The Crocodile water supply project has reached implementation stage with the project team and contractors coming on-site in September 2011.

The Paarl sewage treatment facilities and the Zeeland water purification plant have just been enlarged. An environmental impact report issued by Eskom estimates that 50 % of South Africa’s coal reserves can be found in the Waterberg. Source: Northern News, 29th of July 2011.

Transnet spokesperson Mike Asefowitz spoke to the Northern News: “This is the region where the future coal reserves of south Africa are concentrated, a shift away from the Mpumalanga region. Therefore rail solutions and investments will have to be made to unlock resources and to sustain t he export initiatives in the medium and longer term.”

The Australian mining group, Resource Generation (ResGen), announced a signed deal with Integrated Coal to deliver 139 million tons of coal over 39 years from the ResGen–Boikarbelo mine close to Lephalale. Integrated Coal Mining forms part of the RPG group from Indie, at present conducting a pre-feasibility study to construct two 660 MW private power stations next to the Boikarbelo mine. Source: Northern News.

If all of this and more such as the Petro-chemical plant of SASOL, Exxaro’s new mine, gas extraction at the Deelkraal site realises for Lephalale, integrated residential, commercial and light industrial will become a pre-requisite for sustainable growth in the area.

ResGen, which is developing one of South Africa\'s largest remaining coal deposits in the Waterberg coal field, confirmed on Thursday 1 September 2011 that their Ledjadja joint venture has been awarded a 30-year mining right for its Boikarabelo mine close to Lephalale, Limpopo, South Africa.

“This is a major step in the development of the Boikarabelo mine, which is expected to begin production in late 2013,” said Resgen Managing Director Paul Jury.

“We expect the Mining Right will facilitate our discussions with Eskom regarding coal supply to its power stations and with Transnet regarding transport to domestic customers and ports,” he added.

ResGen has a 74% shareholding in the joint venture while the remaining 26% is held by Fairy Wing Trading (FWT), a company owned by a group of South African businessmen and women with strong commercial and government relationships.

The company spokesperson said in August 2011 that Resgen would facilitate FWT\'s acquisition of the stake in the joint venture through a loan of 80 million Rand from Resgen’s existing funds.

According to Pro-active Investors, Boikarabelo has a massive 6.4 billion ton resource - a 120 metre thick coal seam at shallow depth of 20-35 metres, allowing for open pit mining practices.

The current estimated reserve is 745 million tons of thermal coal, with the potential to increase from the current 35% level utilisation of the resource.
 
- For more information about this project click here -
 
Please contact me about this investment...
myportfolio
Saved (0)
You have no saved objects.

Save projects that interest you for quicker access in the future and view them whenever you like ... read more

login to My Portfolio
Previous Play Stop Next